How to connect an offline Brother Printer
If you are not able to print to the “ Installed Brother Printer” because your printer is offline. Thus, you need to adjust some settings so that you can continue with printing the documents. Windows 7 offers an inbuilt feature for toggling between offline mode. This can help you to resolve many of the “Printer Offline Notifications” which you are gettings from the Brother Printer. If the solutions are not helping you out then you may need to introduce some changes to your printer installation to restore the functionality of normal printing.
Steps to follow:
- Click “Start” button present at the bottom left corner of your computer. After that click on “Devices and Printer”.
- Right click on the icon of “Brother Printer” and then click on “See What’s Printing”.
- Click on “Printer” present at the top of the window. Now, look for the “Blue Check Mark” at the left side of “Use Printer Offline.” if the check mark is present there, click “use printer Offline” option to remove this. Your printing documents will start printing but if it is not printing, then move to the next step.
- Tap to “power switch” present at brother printer to turn off.
- Disconnect the USB Cable of the printer from the USB port present on the computer.
- Turn on your Brother Printer.
- Reconnect the USB cable to computer’s USB Port.
- Click the Start Button present at “Bottom Left Corner” of the computer. Click the arrow present at right side of “shut down” and then tap “restart”. The documents which were stuck in the queue previously will start getting printed once you restart the computer.
If unable to connect your brother printer or facing any issue contact Brother printer support online.